Bar 1086 at The Four Seasons, Hampshire

True Story: I LOVE HAMBURGERS.

Also true story: I only have them once a month... if that. 
(Moderation is my middle name.)

So when I found out I passed the bar I gave PB two choices for a celebratory dinner: Fish & chips (mainly for the chips) or a burger (since I hadn't had one in a month.) He picked the burger option. My favorite burger in Boston is found at The Four Seasons. They have simply the *BEST* burgers on the entire planet. After checking online to be sure they did in fact, have a burger on the menu, PB picked Bar 1086 at The Four Seasons Hampshire thinking that if the ones in Boston were good, since it's the same chain, the one here had to be good.

*FS was all decked out for Halloween*

*Broke out the red Chanel lipstick for the night!*


We didn't make reservations but decided to just sit in the actual Bar instead of getting a ressie for the Bistro restaurant. They still allowed us to order off of the menu for the Bistro, which was great. I am SO glad that we did because the ambiance and staff in the bar were exactly what we wanted!




We started off with cocktails and nibbles. If you know me in person then you know that I have never met an olive I didn't love! I managed to restrain myself and only had about 5 (ok, maybe 7) before ordering dinner. Although I went in planning on ordering the burger, I almost switched to the gnocchi with stilton when I saw the menu. However, when I asked the server her opinion she said burger hands down. 

*Blackberry mojito was the cocktail of the night.*

NOTE TO SELF: ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE SERVER!

The burger was the best burger I have had in England! Juicy, perfect pickles & onions on it. The only bad part was that it was absolutely massive and I had a really hard time eating it. I mean. It was like 6 inches high! The did NOT skimp on the salad bits (as they say here.)

*This is where the picture would be... but for some reason both the picture I took of the burger with my phone AND the picture taken with my camera are gone. A Bloggers WORST nightmare!*

After dinner we were so full that we just enjoyed our high backed chairs and one last cocktail before heading home to pop the bubbly!


*PB loved the chairs! I see a pair in our future. Apparently he wants to put them in our bedroom by the fireplace. Not that he's thought about it... or anything.* 



It was a perfect evening and I'm SO glad I let him pick for once. 


The staff, food, ambiance and drinks were all simply outstanding. I just can't wait until we go back! Maybe next time we'll be lucky enough to get the coveted seats by the fire.

The Four Seasons, Hampshire is located on Chalky Lane, in Hook. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Bar 1086 at The Four Seasons, Hampshire on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news