Pink Julep at the Movies: This is It

I'd like to say that I really enjoyed this movie but I'm just not sure I can, but not because it's bad. I'm a huge MJ fan and a big ole softy and I cried through the whole film! What a tragic loss! And let's face it... he may or may not have done some things that were strange or immoral, but there's absolutely NO denying that Michael Jackson was an innovative performer and quite possibly the greatest showman on earth! In this film, we get to see how he works and he was nothing if not a perfectionist as well as a talented musician and dancer with and eye for what looks good and an ear for what sounds amazing!

One of my favorite things about this film was the rockin guitar player Orianthi! She's gorgeous and this chick rocks! What an amazing talent! She made me wanna buy a HOT PINK Stratacaster ASAP!!!


The dancing is everything you'd expect from the King of Pop who has had us all moonwalking in the kitchen when no one is looking since the 80's! (Admit it... you know you do it too!) I found it disturbing that at 50 years old and in a fragile state, MJ made the 25 year old professionals around him look like amateurs. It was just confirmation that NO ONE WILL EVER BE THAT GOOD AGAIN! Scary!


As a dancer I learned a lot of MJ's choreography in classes through the years and I found it difficult to not get out of my seat and shake a boogie! SHAMON!


But all in all, I am so saddened by the loss. I'm also sad that my whole life I've dreamed of seeing Michael Jackson live and I never got to. Hubby promised to take me to London to see the This is It tour and we all know how that turned out. However, in seeing this film, we get to see Michael Jackson the person. Someone who cares about the planet and the environment. Someone who regularly tells the people around him that he loves them. Someone who was eager to work hard and bring something to the stage that no one had EVER seen before! It's definitely a must-see film!

Happy Movie Watching!
xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Pink Julep at the Movies: This is It on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news