Healthy Super Bowl Treats!

I'm not really into sports. I never watch the Super Bowl... not even for the ads. However what I DO appreciate about the Super Bowl is all of the yummy treats. As y'all know I'm a Weight Watcher (and currently eating Nutrisystem meals this month) so I have to be careful when eating fun, gameday food. However, there are a few tasty snacks I'm planning on indulging in today while I do homework/watch DVR'd shows from last week.

Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn 
(Approx. 3-4 points)

I made this up last week... Although it isn't anything novel, really. I was craving kettle corn but we didn't have any. So I took a 94% fat-free mini bag of Jiffy Pop and popped it according to the directions. Then I decided to be creative and took one tablespoon of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light" an added it to a mix of cinnamon and sugar. (I used splenda for baking because it is more like real sugar than regular Splenda.) I melted it in the microwave (approx. 20-40 secs.) Then I stirred up the mixture, drizzled it over my popcorn and tossed the popcorn to coat. It was ABSOLUTELY delicious! Try this immediately. You'll thank me.

Cajun Style Chicken Dip
from Weight Watcher's website
(1 point per serving)

1/3 cup(s) fat-free sour cream
2 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp Durkee Ground Cumin Seed, or other brand
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (Texas Pete is my fav! I usually double the hot sauce.)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup chopped, roasted chicken breast (finely chopped)
2 Tbsp minced onions
1 Tbsp chopped fresh Dill

Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, cumin, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce, and cayenne in a medium bowl until well blended. Add the chicken, onion and dill, stir until blended. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for up to several hours. Yields 2 Tbsp per serving. 

What all are you snacking on today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Healthy Super Bowl Treats! on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news