Wedding Wednesday!

This is clearly the week of themed posts! Since we're almost 6 months away from my wedding, I thought it might be time to throw a little more wedding stuff at y'all.
Topic of today's wedding wednesday?
FOOD.
Which in my opinion is the most important part!

I finally had a call back from my planner at The Ritz and we discussed food options and scheduled the tasting. I have decided that I want a southern theme to the food. My entire family is southern and it no secret that I harbor a deep love for any and all food found south of the Mason Dixon line. Fried chicken, hushpuppies, collard greens, shrimp & grits... You name it, I love it.

Insert ENGLISH fiance.

PB & his family have never tried good ole' southern cookin'. However, since I am bringing 75% of the guests, I figure I get to dictate the menu. We've decided to have passed hors d' oeuvres during the cocktail hour, a starter, main and then wedding cake for dessert. I was talking to the woman and she suggested some appetizers as an example of what they could do... She said "How about pulled pork slider on a cheddar chive biscuit?" UM, YESSS! She then followed it up by saying "And what about fried green tomatoes?" Again, YES!

If the two options off the top of her head are any indication, the food is going to be OUT of this WORLD! We're likely going to have shrimp & grits as an option as a main course because it's my favorite food in the entire world. PB is not a fan, so we'll likely also have a steak option and maybe one more for non-meat eaters. The tasting is October 29th. Mama and I will be flying down to Charlotte and spending the night.

The only thing I didn't like is the scoff I got when I told the wedding planner where our rehearsal dinner is going to be. She asked and I answered: BOJANGLES! I love Bojangles and I NEVER get to have it. I also hate fancy rehearsal dinners. So we're going to walk ourselves down to Bojangles and have us a jolly ole time before the old folks retire and the young folks head off to a honky-tonk bar for the night.

The fancy Ritz lady can scoff all she wants, but this bride will be in heaven with her fried chicken, biscuits and sweet tea a'la Bojangles.

Now, you tell me... What is the best wedding food you've ever had!
Any southern delicacies you think must be included?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Wedding Wednesday! on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news