High Tea at The Connaught

As evidenced from my blogs and tweets, I'm a tea fanatic. PB and I spent the summer trying out quaint tea rooms all over southwest England. While we absolutely LOVE those, we also love going to a fancy high tea. According to the Tea Guild of England, Brown's Hotel and The Connaught vie for the title of Best Tea each year. If you recall PB and I tried out Brown's at Valentine's Day and were impressed with them. I couldn't leave England this time around without trying the rival to see which was better.

*We arrived early and got a drink at the Coburg bar... PB went with a gin & tonic*
(Also, not that I'm biased or anything... but isn't he like SOOOO handsome?! I still swoon.)

*I love the Coburg bar. I went last year with a friend who was in town when I was there, and it was ok, but nothing beats going with your special someone!*



*I went with a bellini! YUM.*


*PB was clearly excited about his G&T.*


*The sandwiches were AMAZING. They had ham & piccalilli, chicken salad, cream cheese and chive, and smoked salmon. My fav was the chicken salad & cream cheese and chive.*


*We splurged on champagne for my last weekend in England. SO worth it!*

*The scones were PERFECT. Warm, tasty and fresh. They gave us a bunch of jams to try. I really like the strawberry and the pineapple.*


*Some of the yummy treats. The red & pink think was the best out of all of them. It was strawberry mousse in a pastry*


*These were all to DIE for.*



*The clotted cream for the scones. They did NOT skimp. Even PB couldn't finish it off and we know how much he loves clotted cream*


*All the goodies put together... And my adorable PB.*


* Me and my tea... I wore my sparkly headband again. It's now a tradition that whenever we go into London for fancy tea, I wear my swarovski headband.*


*PB and I both went with the Connaught's special blend. It was delicious. We really loved it! I have to admit that I like this tea better than the tea I picked at Brown's. It was really good. Like a hyped up, more flavorful English breakfast.*


*Awwwwwww.*

*Like Brown's they gave us little sachets of tea to take with us.*

*I loved the hydrangeas in the entrance to the Tea so much that I asked the manager to snap our picture.*
All in all it was amazing and worth every pricey penny. If you are in London anytime soon I strongly encourage you to try ether Brown's Hotel for tea, or The Connaught's tea. You will NOT regret it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save High Tea at The Connaught on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news