Burgers & Burgundy

On Wednesday night one of my favorite bloggers, Michelle from Fun and Fearless in Beantown, and I finally met up for some delicious food, tasty wine and great conversation. I've been salivating over reading her blog for well over a year now and this is the first time we've really gotten a chance to get together! If you haven't read her blog, she is an excellent cook and quite possibly an even bigger foodie than myself. What better date than to try out "Burgers & Burgundy" at The Four Season's Bristol Lounge?

"Burgers and Burgundy" is a dining event they host where they pair two different burgundy-esque wines (some not from France, so can't technically be called a 'Burgundy') with your choice of burger. I've been to the Bristol Lounge many times and I ALWAYS get their burger. Since I've had the original so many times, I decided to branch out and try one with goat's cheese and roasted tomatoes. It was DELICIOUS!

(I seriously need a DSLR camera. Mine is pitiful.)


Most of you, if you follow me on twitter, know that I'm doing Nutrisystem this month to get past my weight loss plateau. I don't know if it is because I've been only eating pre-packaged healthy meals and vegetable, but this burger was even better than I expected! It was cooked perfectly medium and the tangy goat's cheese and roasted tomatoes added the perfect zip.


We don't even need to discuss the truffle fries. We all know my love for them! The wines were delicious and I actually wish we could've had a couple more. 
(I've not had any wine since I got back from England. Can you believe that!?)

To top it all off Lamar Odom (aka Mr. Khloe Kardashian) sat down caddy-corner to us while we were finishing our meal. I geeked out an insisted on speaking to him as we were leaving but was too embarrassed to ask for a picture. (Ok, well I wasn't but I didn't want to shame Michelle!) He was gracious and warm. 

All in all it was a fantastic evening! Michelle and I have an absurd amount in common and I'm just sad that we haven't gotten together sooner!

(PS- I'm already planning my next trip for the burger with foie gras and mushrooms.) 

Have you had any tasty burgers lately?

Speaking of food, standby for my "Nutrisystem Week 1" Recap tomorrow after my Weight Watchers weigh in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Burgers & Burgundy on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news