Menu Monday

So I've seen a bunch of bloggers that do this so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm going to try really hard this semester to not eat out much at all (except for Tues/Thurs when I'm in class from 10-9:30. Then I get to pick EITHER dinner OR lunch out, and I have to pack the other.)

So this is what my week is looking like in dinners!

Monday: Broiled bourbon marinated salmon & spinach salad

Tuesday: Soup & grilled cheese (At the law school)

Wednesday: Homemade pizza on a "Flat-out" wrap with turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese

Thursday: McDonald's grilled chicken bacon ranch salad (taking soup for lunch, so get dinner out!)

Friday: Homemade chicken fried brown rice w/ veggies

Saturday: Turkey burgers and tater tots with salad (I have the BEST recipe for turkey burgers. My speciality!)

Sunday: Campbell's healthy choice Tomato bisque soup (At law school again)

I also must share the recipe for my "Super Veggie- Stuffed Peppers" from the other night. I usually use a Weight Watchers recipe but I decided to try out this new recipe from my 'Hungry Girl 200 Under 200' cookbook. It did NOT disappoint! Make this. Especially if you are only cooking for one! (If making for more than one, adjust accordingly)

*3 WW points for BOTH pepper halves (188 Cals, 2g fat, 8.5g fiber)*

Ingredients:
1 large red bell pepper (I used green because they were on sale.)
1 plum tomato (preferably Roma), deseeded and chopped (I used hald a small vine ripened tomato and it was fine.)
1/2 cup frozen ground-beef style soy crumbles, thawed (I omitted this because I was out, but if you want to use them I recommend the Quorn brand. SOOOOO good and they taste like real meat!)
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 up chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup canned tomato sauce (Um. So I was out of plain and I used marinara. It tasted super Italian-y. I'm just saying for those who find themselves in the same boat.)
2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (I don't do fat free cheese, so I used reduced fat and it was fine.)
1/2 tsp dry taco seasoning (I used about 1 TBSP but thanks to my aforementioned marinara it still tasted italian. Next time I will use PLAIN tomato sauce)
1/4 tsp minced garlic (Y'all know I like tripled that. I love me some garlic)

Preheat oven to 375.

Bring a medium pan to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushrooms, onion and green bell pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until veggies are slightly softened. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 additional minute. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.

To the bowl, add tomato, soy crumbles, tomato sauce, cheese, and taco seasoning mix. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

Slice off the top of the red pepper, and then slice it in half lengthwise. Remove seeds.

Spray a medium baking dish lightly with nonstick spray. Place pepper halves in the dish, cut side up and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.

Remove pepper halves from the oven and reduce temperature to 350.

Once pepper halves are cool enough to handle, use paper towels to soak up any excess moisture. Evenly spoon veggie mixture into pepper halves. Return to the oven and bake for 20 mins. Let cool slightly and then dig in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Menu Monday on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news