Deliciousness of the Week

This week I didn't make a menu plan... I just sort of decided to wing it and try to use up all the veggies from our Abel & Cole box. We had 2 big portabella mushrooms that were going to double as hockey pucks if I didn't use them. However, I had been craving some crab cakes all week. So I decided to be all crazy-like and make up my OWN recipe for stuffed mushrooms. I googled stuffed mushrooms to get the baking times (because I've been known to over roast veggies because I tend to like them all brown and burny and didn't want to kill the mushrooms) and then went to town. I mean, this wasn't rocket science, but you know... I like to think I'm now a cooking savant for flying without a recipe. 

You may just call me Julia... Or Ina. 

My Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
(makes 2)

1 can white lump crab meat in brine (drained)
4 oz. sweet chili flavored light Philadelphia cream cheese (I don't know if they have this in the US but it is MY. FAVORITE. and is KEY. If you don't have it get some sweet chili sauce and add to regular cream cheese)
1/2 diced red pepper 
1/2 diced yellow onion
1/2 to 1 cup grated parmesan (divided)
1 1/2 tsp-ish of mix of red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and black ground pepper (I didn't actually measure, but I used to taste!)
2 large portabella mushroom caps



Pre-heat your over to 350F. Mix the cream cheese, red pepper, onion, 1/2 of the parmesan together. Fold in the crab (don't mush it up too much- It's tasty in chunks). Add in the seasoning to taste. 



Spritz the bottom of the mushrooms with low-cal cooking spray and lay cap side up. Top each with half of the crab mixture. Spray the top of the mix again with low-cal cooking spray and bake for about 15-20 minutes. After the mix is a little bubbly and the mushrooms look close to being done (took mine about 15 mins) put the rest of the parmesan on top and put back in the oven until it melts. 



We served ours with a side salad. It was scrumptious. We might be having them again this weekend because I loved them SO much. Well PB loved them too... but I mean I REALLY loved them.


What recipes have y'all made up lately?


PS: I got a lot of emails about my earrings from the kitten pictures! I'm glad y'all love them as much as I do! I actually purchased them on my last visit to NYC while MCW & I were wandering around near the Shake Shack. I had the girl's card but I can't seem to find it. I'll keep checking and will give you her contact details if I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Deliciousness of the Week on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news