Pear & Brie Tart

So I was feeling a little creative the other night (inspiration courtesy of one of my favorite foodie bloggers) and decided to try my hand at a homemade tart. We had pears, an onion, and some leftover phyllo dough that needed to be used up.

*Um, I forgot the onion... but trust me. It was present!*



We checked the cooking time on the dough and preheated the oven. PB is a timid cook, so to inspire more confidence (and because I may or may not be lazy) I put him in charge of caramelizing our leftover onion. He did SUCH a good job!

After he had caramelized the onion we unrolled the phyllo dough, I spread a little garlic/herb cheese (oh, hey Philly light) on the phyllo and then layered the onions, followed by the slices of pears and brie cheese. We baked and it ended up being DELICIOUS! I urge you to try this! I only caution that the onions were really strong and somewhat overpowered the taste of the brie and pears.

*Going in the oven... Clearly I almost forgot a picture!*


*Ta-daaaa!*


*Add a little salad and it made such a wonderful dinner!*


What are some creative dinners you all have come up with recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Pear & Brie Tart on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news