Smushed-faced dumplings...

As many of you who follow me on twitter already know, our family has FINALLY expanded! 

If you haven't already discovered this, you will now: I. AM. AN. ANIMAL. FANATIC. If I could literally own one of every single animal, I would. Apparently this has been a problem I have had since birth. When I was five I brought a baby mole into the house that I had caught. Shortly after that? A baby possum. 

Yes. 

A possum. 

I have never met an animal I didn't like, or who didn't love me. According to my mother when I was 2 we were going into a store and I hurled myself onto a doberman with a spike collar and smothered it in kisses. Why it didn't bite my face off is unclear to everyone. 

Even PB has to deal with this embarrassing habit. What must I do when we go biking in the New Forest? Why stop and pet every horse that will hold still long enough for me to, obviously! I tried petting a cow last time. I may or may not have been chased. I can neither confirm nor deny this occurrence. 

Anyway, suffice to say that it has been all PB has been able to do to keep me from bringing home bunnies, goats, donkeys, baby pigs and yes, I even asked if I could please have a baby calf. After very long negotiations he finally assented to the following (I need this memorialized in writing in case he tries to renege on me later. Lawyer in me.): kitten, puppy, AND 2 baby chickens.

Now. Obviously we can't have all at once so I decided our best bet was to start with the kitten. I've always wanted a smushed faced persian (I have a thing for flat, mooned faced creatures- Hence my obsession with asian babies) so we found a breeder that seemed to have kittens available. We treked on down with the intention of picking out ONE kitten. 

I think we all know how this went down.

I walked in and wanted to take EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. After listening to my fair & concise argument FOR getting two kittens (read: listening to me whine, beg, cry and plead & promise to let him have a whiskey every night after dinner) PB relented. 

Now. I introduce to you our two new babies! Norman & Mildred 

(Do NOT mock my name choices. I always pick old people names. Hence the chihuahua named Humphrey and the fish from college named George & Wheezy.)

*Mildred (Millie for short)*

*Norman (aka Normie)*

So there you have it. 

We will be getting the tiny dumplings on Sept 10th. 

I can't stop looking at their pictures! 

Anyway... I'll leave you with some pictures of our little jaunt to the beach after the kitten shopping. It was blissful and the water was actually quite warm!





The puppies & chickens will have to wait a few months... But don't worry. They WILL be coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Smushed-faced dumplings... on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news