Wait, is it really Tuesday already?

I apologize for my lack of blogging this week. I've been out.of.control BUSY! 

So I have to confess... Bar Prep REALLY stinks. It's kind of fun for a minute but then it becomes no fun when you realize that you've been doing it for 10 hours straight and aren't done. I'm not allowing my blog to turn into a whiney "I'm-so-pitiful-because-I-am-taking-the-Bar-exam" blog, so enough about that. 

MOVING ON.

This is a super big week... On Friday I fly to Raleigh for my BFF's wedding, in which I am a bridesmaid. We almost had a shoe debacle this weekend. I went into my favorite NRO Outfitters to pick up the required shoe (platinum Jack Rogers high wedges) and don't you know they are sold out of my size? Strike one. SO then we strolled up Charles Street where the folks at Curly Cakes simply twisted my arm and FORCED Madre and I to eat a cupcake (um, Heath Bar Cupcake? AMAZING.) We popped into Moxie and the shopgirl acted like I was speaking a foreign language when I asked for the Jack Rogers high wedge. I literally had to pantomime and speak slowly. Clearly not the brightest bulb in the box. Despite my pantomime and my furtive search of the store, they were also out of my shoe. 

We then went to the Burlington Mall (aka land-o-Paul Blart Mall Cop) where again, I was FORCED to choke down 8 Chick-Fil-A nuggets (It's terrible, always being force fed unhealthy treats) before we ventured into Nordstrom in search of the elusive shoes. Talk about HOT MESS. The shoe department was terrible. Again I tell the girl which shoes I want and she gives me a blank stare. I'm sorry, but how do you work at a relatively upscale department store and NOT KNOW what I mean when I hold up the mid-wedge and say "This, but higher- In the HIGH wedge?" So I think she gets it and then this guy comes up and hands me two boxes and says "Hi! You all needed the flat Jack's in platinum?" 

*This was the point when my sweet, patient demeanor wore off.*

Suffice to say I huffed out of the store before I pitched a full on hissy complete with hurling self onto the ground and screaming. As we wound our way to JCrew Madre found them on Endless.com and we ordered them. Cheaper than NRO & Nordy's and they had free 2-day shipping! Score. So they will be here tomorrow and if not, I'll be going barefoot.

Sunday I spent the day doing the last of my laundry and bar prep. We paused to take the pupster for a walk and then took an ice cream break. I had the "Birthday Cake Remix" with the sinless cake batter ice cream and it was really good! I couldn't really tell a difference between the full-fat ice cream and the sinless. It was tasty. 

Monday Madre and I hit up the outlets for a few items I needed and a PAIR OF WHITE JEANS. My white jeans from last summer are now too big and I was hoping to find an inexpensive pair to replace them. Totally struck out. JCrew "toothpick" white jeans were far too skinny fitting for me. Gap had ONE option and it was not flattering. Banana Republic had one option that was huge in the waist. Old Navy had a decent option but they were out of my size. 

*sigh*

No white jeans for me. 

Speaking of pants... or shorts... Those of you who follow me on twitter already know this, but can you believe that my Vineyard Vines shorts that I bought for my honeymoon and had worn ONCE literally fell apart on me Friday!? I mean, the left leg's hem fell out, the inside button came off and then midway through the day the outer pink button came off! They tweeted me saying they were sorry and were going to fix it buuttttt I've heard nothing since. You best believe I am bringing them into the Vineyard Vines store tomorrow and will be leaving with either a new pair of shorts or a refund. 

We came home and I again, did bar prep and packed. Really living the high life right now, eh?! 

This week brings bar prep by day, lunches with friends, by midday and packing by night. I fly back to Boston from Raleigh on Sunday. Madre is coming down with my bags and then after my 6 hour layover I board my flight to England. I promise that when I get to England I'll be on a more normal blogging schedule. This has just been a cray-cray few weeks!

How are Y'ALL?!?!?! 

I haven't been reading my blogs lately so give me updates!!!

PS- You know that I have like a million pictures I was going to upload, but alas my BB is dead & I still can't find my camera cord. And we know how boring I find blogs without pictures. 
(and if you don't, I'm sure you can surmise)

I am an absolute mess right now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Wait, is it really Tuesday already? on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news