Pink Julep's Bitchin Blowout!

Please excuse me while I brag, but today I performed the most successful blowout on myself ever and it actually lasted in it's straight, silky glory for the whole day (until I got rained on) without the help of my Chi flat iron!!! I have wavy/slightly curly course blonde hair (sure some of you can relate) that's dry from the heat here so you can imagine, I'm pretty excited! I thought I'd share the magic straightening cocktail with my loyal readers!

After showering, I applied a generous amount of Bumble & Bumble Tonic and combed through with a detangling comb. This stuff is magic!

I then allowed my hair to air dry for about 15 minutes and applied KIEHL'S Stylist Series Heat Protective Silk Straightening Cream. I believe this to be the great new find since today was the first time I've ever used it! Hubby put this in my stocking... I had previously never heard of it! It's fabulous! A pea-sized amount is just perfect!


I am a fan of the Tourmaline Ionic hair dryers. Mine below is by Revlon. I'm sure there are much better out there for a price, but this one seems to do the trick just fine, though a newer better model is definitely on my shopping list for the future. However, I think this one set me back only about $30 or so, so you definitely don't have to throw down $200 for a decent hairdryer... just sayin... and this model is pretty lightweight as far as hairdryers go.


Another magic ingredient is the Olivia Garden Ionic Ceramic Round brush... I have this brush in two different sizes. They aren't particularly cheap, but ladies, it's totally worth it! These brushes are the buisness!!! This particular brush is also very lightweight, meaning my arm doesn't feel like falling off after a blowout, which is super important!


I finished by smoothing any little flyaways with a super small dollop of Biosilk Silk Therapy oil. I like to rub this in my hands to get it nice and warm and just lightly comb through my hair with my fingers... this product is great for a variety of things and I've been using it religiously since high school!


If anyone has any product recommendations that you love for blowouts, I'm all ears, so leave me a comment! Hope you're all enjoying the weekend!!!
xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Pink Julep's Bitchin Blowout! on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news