Tea break in Oxford: The Old Parsonage Hotel

PB & I went to Oxford a couple of weekends ago. As you all know... we LOVE Oxford. In fact, I applied & was accepted into a summer law program at Magdalene College last year but I chose to intern in London instead. I wish I had done both! Anyway, every few weeks we just get a whim for Oxford an we just pop up for the day.

We always plan it to have lunch at Puccino's, which is our favorite (and a chain, but we only know about the Oxford locale.) Then we usually wander around. Inevitably we always end up going on a Sunday and most of the markety-stores are all closed. However, this time we went on a Saturday and explored ALL sorts of shops and areas. It was chock FULL of tourists too. After literally like 4 hours of non-stop walking/battling tourists we decided to needed a break to sit and refuel. We were meandering out of town when we came upon this hidden gem. PB spotted The Old Parsonage Hotel and immediately knew we had to stop. 

The patio was gorgeous and serene. All you could hear was birds chirping the the other diners quietly enjoying their tea. 



I wasn't hungry but PB was feeling "peckish" as the Brits say, so he ordered a cream tea, while I stuck with just a pot of tea. 


You know it's good tea when it's brewed with ACTUAL tea leaves.


And with real lumps of sugar... 

(I secretly love it when they don't have splenda!)


PB convinced me (twisted my arm) until I agreed to try half a scone with strawberry jam & clotted cream.

It was delicious!

It was SUCH a lovely break from a hectic, bustling city.



I can't wait to go back to this beautiful property soon! 
I want to try the full Afternoon Tea & maybe even convince PB to spend the night in the hotel.

So tell me... Are you a tea person or a coffee person?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Tea break in Oxford: The Old Parsonage Hotel on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news