The Mother of All Summer Reading Lists...

If you read regularly, then you probably know that I have soooooo many books that I haven't read yet because the wedding planning and work and working out take up all my time... bla bla bla

Well, with the wedding being only ONE MONTH FROM TODAY?!?!?! (YIKES!) I'm going to have a lot of free time for the rest of the summer... and since it's pretty much always summer here, there's never a shortage of nice days (except for that horrid thing they call Rainy Hurricane Season) to sit by the pool in the sun (or inside out of the rain) reading. So here's my summer [fall and winter] reading list. It's in no particular order, but somewhat organized by Pink Julep certified genres. Since I get many reading suggestions from you bloggies, maybe some of you would like to know what I'll be reading. Here goes:


SOOKIE STACKHOUSE READS
I LOVE True Blood (premiere of Season 2 in like 2 1/2 weeks - whooooo hoooo!) and I LOVE Vampire Bill - so my fella got me some of the books for Christmas after I read the first one - still haven't gotten to them yet...




Must read the rest of them too - and isn't there a new one out now?
ROCK AND ROLL READS
I love a good juicy bio, especially one involving some good ole sex, drugs & rock-n-roll! But primarily I bought this book cause Lorelei read it on Gilmore Girls and well - yeah, I'm a little obsessed with that show and all the Gilmorisms! (I know - totally lame!)

I bought this book for Mister Julep for Christmas a few years ago. After he read me a few scandalous excerpts, I decided it would be deviously entertaining and kept it around to read myself... still haven't gotten around to it...


INTELIGENT (OR AT LEAST SEMI-INTELIGENT) READS

This is an excellent film and before it even started production, I was hearing things about the book - can't wait to read it, but need to be in a pretty good mood as it might be depressing....


I got the following book just before Christmas cause I wanted to read it before the movie came out - well, that didn't happen. The movie was only okay, but I'll still give the book a go - the first few pages seemed quite funny. Has anyone else read this? Should I just donate it?



Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite films and I've been dying to read this for YEARS!!! This might be what I read next...



HUMANE SOCIETY USED BOOK LOFT FINDS
When I lived in NYC as a young gal struggling to make it in theatre management where most of the jobs don't pay well and some not at all, I obviously couldn't throw money around on books (or anything for that matter). I stumbled upon a thrift store on Queens Boulevard which sucked in every possible way except that they sold used books for $1!!! Every time I would walk that way, I'd stop and see what was new - picked up several great reads like Sex and the City, The Hours and The Devil Wears Prada... it gave me an appreciation for the recycling of books. Now on the island, I often come across the Humane Society selling used books, but it's much more fab! Rich people come here for the 'season' and leave everything behind so there's a great selection in thrift stores and used book lofts. The bonus is, every dime goes to save the homeless puppies and kittens! I always try to buy books from them when they're selling in town - it's a great cause! If you don't keep or sell your books, consider donating them to a charity, a friend or the local library! It's a great way to reduce paper and validate all the money you spend on books!!! I picked these two up in January:

Loved this movie!!! And it's Irish, so it will help me connect with my future Paddy husband!!!


Heard great things about this one:


GIRLY READS:
Nuff said...

I read the first book in this series, The Little Lady Agency... it was cute. It's set in England and kind of reminded me of Confessions of a Shopaholic - if you liked that book, you'd probably like this series too! This is the 2nd...


I have been dying to read this 'possibly' biographical fiction piece by NicRic for a long long time:


Loved Devil Wears Prada and Everyone Worth Knowing so this one must be good...

Found this one in the bookstore when I was returning some things I got for Christmas... looks great!

I bought this one on the recommendation of some fellow bloggers - this might be the one I read on my honeymoon while lounging by the pool enjoying a daquiri or two...


FASHION & SELF IMPROVEMENT READS:
Behold the words of the master!


I have this one on my nightstand - not like I can lug this thing around at the pool or the beach...


I've flipped through this one a thousand times, but haven't sat down to read it yet...


I bought this when it first came out in NYC - not motivated to read it, but that's because I'm certain I should eat something other than what I want... sad. :-(


The next gazillion photos are of books that I don't have yet (because I simply must read the ones I have first so I can donate them and make some room for their replacements - it's getting ridiculous!) but really want to read!

BOOKS ON MY RADAR FOR FUTURE PURCHASES:





























So many books, so little time... What are you reading?
xoxo,
Pink Julep!



























0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save The Mother of All Summer Reading Lists... on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news