Pink Julep in the Library


I never thought this day would come! I finally finished Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger last night. A lot of you have been asking me about this book and the reason I haven't said much is because I couldn't ever find the time to finish it! Lame, I know, but I've seriously been reading this same book for nearly a month 1/2!

Partially, that's because to be blatantly honest, I personally didn't find this book very interesting. It's good and well-written, but I couldn't really relate to the characters. Also, I felt like nothing happened at all until the last 2 or 3 chapters... so it's a lot of wading through to get to the good stuff. That's hard to do! However, don't let this discourage you from reading it! You might love it!!! I think if I hadn't just been coming off the high of my wedding and were still a single girl in NYC, I might have loved it too, but there ya go!

My other complaint is one of personal choice. I think I'm much more fond of a story that's about one person and told from his or her point of view. I tend to get a little A.D.D. and disinterested when every chapter is told by and about a different person. Hence why I loved the Twilight series sooo much! You could go on Bella's journey with her. In Chasing Harry Winston, I personally constantly felt like my journey was interrupted. But that's just a matter of preference and choice.

If you've already read this book, but haven't read Lauren Weisberger's other books The Devil Wears Prada and one of my my favorites, Peoople Worth Knowing, then I highly suggest you do! They're great! I think Chasing Harry Winston, though cute and funny at times, is the worst of the 3 she's churned out so far, but I'll be first in line to read her next book since her other two have been so great!

Did any of you read it? What did you think?

xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Pink Julep in the Library on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news