Fun Weekend Finds!

After my facial yesterday, I picked up my mister and we headed out into the world to look for two things...

1. Diorshow Mascara

I have heard sooooo much about this mascara, seen so many before and after photos of the results, and have never ever been disappointed by Dior (my favorite) ever before, so I put it on my list of things to get either in the states or in the duty free at the airport. And then it dawned on me... HELLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! One of the duty free make-up/perfume stores must have it... so I went searching! And I found it!!! It retails online for $24.00, but I scored this baby for $23!!! (every dime counts!) I got a bargain!!! And after one use, I'm a BELIEVER!!!

2. A rolling carry-on size suitcase. We have one, but it's slightly small and navy blue, so it's perfect for the mister. But I like to pack all my shoes in the carry-on to prevent overweight checked bags and I needed something sizeable and sturdy that would roll! We have a lot of flights and a few connections - the last thing we need is for either one of us to have to carry 30 lbs. of shoes around the massive Miami airport.

As you can maybe imagine, with no Walmart, Target or Macy's - nothing but independent small mom & pop shops and duty free stores, I had trouble finding luggage at all. My options were either fabulous, expensive label luggage in all the wrong colors, such as an $800 bright Orange Lancel or a $300 brown (ick) Longchamp or this little baby for US $100 (I know a rip-off):


I would loved to have gotten a longchamp, but I'm in love with the pink or purple colors... not so much brown! And well, I'll probably never invest in too much really pricey $800 luggage because it just gets ruined by the airlines. And I'm hard on it - I like to travel a lot and I need luggage that won't cause me to feel suicidal if it gets lost! Anyway, this is the tackiest suitcase on the planet and probably no one over the age of 17 should carry it, but I kind of like it - don't judge me - and it's fun and colorful! Also, just before a wedding, being $200 cheaper than a Longchamp I didn't really like saves me a lot, which is great!!! And the good thing is that it's a good size to use for long weekends without checking any bags which will come in handy after the wedding when we start going to nearby places like Jamaica and Cancun for holiday weekends!

3. A travel jewlery box

I loved the Baakguard box, but the colors weren't right. I looked everywhere and found no other options. And then I bought my tacky suitcase which has black and white on it, so I went back to the new Handmade Leather Boutique and picked up the Baakguard in white with black trim. I love it an djust hope it doesn't get too dirty....

(horrible photo)

Today I'm working hard on wedding details and trying to figure out how to pack for two people for over 2 weeks in two different parts of the US with very random events! It's going to be tough and require a lot of organization! We also have a lot of things we're taking back for the wedding... I've definitely got my work cut out for me. Luckily we each have a MASSIVE suitcase and a rolling carry-on. But I have to be careful about weight restrictions - I've paid those fees before.

I think we get to check 2 bags for free from here, but then they charge us for each one once we're travelling stateside. STUPID!!! Ugh!!! Wish me luck!!!

xoxo,
Pink Julep!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Fun Weekend Finds! on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news