Pink Julep in the Kitchen

I'm no chef by any means, but everything I make is tasty and edible. I just can't do it from scratch all the time... But I'd venture to say you'll find bottles, cans, and boxes in nearly any chef's kitchen. Seriously, who has the time to cook from scratch?!?!

I've been making one of my childhood favorites a lot lately and I must say, it's a huge hit with the hubs!!! Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole, fondly known as Chicken Yum Yum in my house.

I make it as low fat as possible, but you can substitute the more fattening versions of any of these ingredients and it just tastes better! Here's my recipe:

1 bag No Yolk egg noodles
Bread Crumbs (I like to use the Italian version, but any kind is fine)
1 - 2 lbs chicken cut into cubes
1/4 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
Olive oil
1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
Minced Garlic
Minced Onion (or real chopped onions if you like)
Salt
Pepper
1 Medium sized block of 2% Velveeta
Cooking spray
Chopped Parsley


Start by heating up enough olive oil to more than cover the bottom of a medium sized frying pan on Medium heat. Add a teaspoon of Minced Garlic and a teaspoon of Minced Onion.

While this is heating, start boiling the water for the noodles and slicing the cheese.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Add chicken and cook thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.

While cooking chicken, boil egg noodles and drain.

Once chicken is cooked, drain as well.

In a large stock pot, mix noodles, 1/2 block of cheese cut into slices, heavy cream, can of soup, can of water, and chicken. Stir until hot and cheese is thoroughly melted. Salt and pepper to taste. I like to use a little onion salt or garlic salt as well.

Once mixture is ready, pour into a casserole dish. Cover with the remaining cheese slices. Cover the mixture and cheese generously with bread crumbs and sprinkle with parsley.

Pop it in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes and serve hot!

I did not make this up, but this is simply my way of doing it... I like to mix recipes sometimes or add my own ingredients. This is great if you want leftovers for the week for lunches. It microwaves nicely and you can even prepare it, freeze it and bake it later!

Happy Sunday!!!

xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Pink Julep in the Kitchen on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news