Pink Julep in the Kitchen - New Obsession

So my current obsession is making smoothies. Here's the thing... I don't like the texture of a lot of fruits or the tastes of other things like honey or yogurt. But when you put them all in the blender at the same time, magic happens! It turns purple (with a few blueberries) so it's pretty and I can't taste the yucky low-fat plain yogurt which is soooo good for me, but without feeling the texture, I can taste the yummy berries! So it's basically a win/win situation for me!!!

I am such a poor eater of fruits and vegetables as well. So when I mix up one of these smoothies, it's like I've had 4 cups of coffee!!! I get such good energy, but I don't crash! NICE!!!

Want to try making smoothies? It's easy! Basically I just put in 2 to 3 tablespoons of plain non-fat yogurt, a little milk (add more later if it's too thick), a tablespoon of honey (supposedly a little honey every day increases life span) and about 1 to 2 cups of frozen fruit or berries! I like to mix and match! You can also add a table spoon of low-fat vanilla ice cream or a bananna sliced up and chilled/frozen if it's too bitter. And just blend it! YUM!!!

Also, I can say from experience, don't be afraid to experiment! Throw in some crazy things and see how it comes out! Add some wheatgrass or spiroline for energy. Or some peanutbutter to a banana smoothie for some protein!

xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Pink Julep in the Kitchen - New Obsession on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news