Wedding Update



First off, I'd like to thank everyone who offered suggestions and help for what I like to call The Great Table Number Debacle of 2009! Lots of people sent good ideas to me, but I eventually sold out in the end and got table numbers from the company I originally planned to get them from. I've always been very crafty and creative with these types of things, but unless it requires sand and sea shells, it is very hard to get craft supplies here - and though I could have waited, this is one of those things that M and I have argued over for months now - we just needed to tick this off our list! So we ordered these:

If you've never heard of http://www.foryourparty.com/ you are missing out! It's a great site and you can get ready-made designs or design your own party favors and supplies! It's a great company from what I can tell, but I'll definitely let you know how they turn out when they've arrived. However, this company was recommended by a very good magazine (can't remember which one, but I only read good ones at $8 each here! OUCH!) so they should be lovely!

We also ordered our cocktail napkins for the wedding which I designed myself on the website. We will use these for the passing of hors d'hourves (instead of the plain white ones offered at the venue - ew! How boring!) and place them on the bar as well! Our reception area has a beautiful old oak carved self-standing bar that is to die for with "Private Bar" written in stained glass on the mirror! It's pretty cool I think and these will be cute stacked on the bar for all the folks grabbing drinks at the bar! They are matte in color with metallic printing!


For Your Party also has a Sex & the City collection which is I think what I originally read about that turned me onto them. See here the Samantha Napkin:
And the Carrie Napkin:
While I had a minute and was thinking about it, I wanted to post a photo of the beautiful Sorrelli jewelry that M gave me for Christmas! I know this is a bit late, but I took it out the other day and had to snap a photo for posting! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pieces!!! I haven't been anywhere to wear them yet - I'm kind of saving them for fancy occassions. I am now planning on wearing them at some point during the wedding week with my black satin Hugo Boss cocktail dress - maybe for our dinner to the Melting Pot!



Will continue to update and plans firm up - we're just about 4 1/2 months away from our date! Eeeekkkkk - I'm just now starting to get a little nervy about getting everything done in time! But it's very exciting!
xoxo,
Pink Julep

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Wedding Update on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news