Happy Sunday!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!! M and I had a lovely night! I made lemon pepper chicken with corn on the cob and roasted rosemary garlic potatoes - YUM! After dinner, we had some time before our movie so I suggested that we go to one of our favorite restaurants on the island, Abacus at Camana Bay for some desert and coffee since its next door to the movie theatre. Do you know that M had never gone to a restaurant just for desert! He thought I was crazy when I suggested it, but it was AMAZING! I had the warm chocolate lava cake with coffee and M had the profitarolls with cappucino.... mmmm so good!!!



This is the view from the restaurant! We sat outside as we usually do when we go there for dinner - just such a nice atmosphere! Great music there and its a pretty trendy restaurant! If you're ever on Grand Cayman, I highly recommend Abacus! Put on your sexy dress and your fancy heels - give your hair a blowdry and go out and enjoy a lovely dining experience! And, please note, when Candace Bushnell came to Grand Cayman to promote her book One Fifth Avenue (which I'm nearly finished reading) her after party was hosted here!

We then went to see He's Just Not That Into You - we both laughed our bums off! This is one Fabulous movie!!! Really great - directed well, cast well, and all in all everything about this movie is sooooo good! Except the costumes - I felt like everyone was dressed from The Dress Barn or Forever 21 - not that there's anything wrong with either of those stores, but when I go see a movie I much prefer some better fashion choices to admire! Whoever decided it was a good idea to put Jennifer Connelly in short-sleeved sweaters over long-sleeved shirts through the whole movie must be jealous of her beauty and wanted to make her look like crap through the whole movie... sad.


Also, I'd like to know who decided that it was hot and sexy to put Scar-Jo in tucked in t-shirts with a nasty brown belt and hole infested jeans with mocassins through this whole film? I mean, ew! She looked horrible the whole time - the tucked in t-shirts made her belly look poochy and she has a BEAUTIFUL figure! The whole time I kept thinkin, "How could anyone wanna get naked with her when those are the clothes they have to take off her?" I'm just not that into the wardrobe selections for this movie!


After the movie we stopped back into Abacus for a quick nightcap - all in all it was a great date night! I'm pretty excited to know that New Girl In Town with Renee Zellwegger is opening next week!!! We'll have to make a date for that one next weekend for sure!!! So exciting! And M is so willing to see chick flicks - he'll watch just about anything!!! I'm so lucky!


Right now I'm just chillin on the couch - M had to go into the office for a few hours so I'm enjoying some time to myself in the house which hardly ever happens! Doing some wedding stuff and watching Sweet Home Alabama - one of my favorite films! I relate to it so much! After living in Miami for four years and New York for four years, I completely understand her character in this film! When you go away, you change and so does your fashion, your interests, your career - I have often felt like I needed a passport to go home! hahaha But after a few days, I always get back into the swing of things!
Lots of news this week so stay tuned for more posts!
xoxo,
Pink Julep

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Happy Sunday! on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news