Nautical on the Brain

Ahoy Mateys!

So I've been obsessed this week with all things nautical...ever since I had the epiphany to decorate my condo in a beachy theme, I've been spending hours reading coastal decor blogs and browsing beach decor retail sites. I've also made several rounds to TJ Maxx, Michaels, and Marshalls (P.S. I found two blue wooden oars at Marshalls - the last two there and I snagged them! Hooray!).

My boyfriend told me last night (while hanging my new Anthro curtains - yay), "Only you would be planning and buying your condo decorations before you've even unpacked." My response? "I have an overactive creative mind that cannot be squelched. I can't help it!" :)

With all things nautical on my mind, I've been itching to wear this cute, navy-striped top I bought a few weeks ago from Forever21.com - but I haven't really figured out what to wear with it...until today! I saw this gorgeous turquoise skirt on Forever21 and from that I was inspired to snag a few other accent pieces (hat, aviators, bag) to complete the look, complete with shoes I already own from Old Navy.


The only thing I don't have is the rope bracelet - which I found on Etsy and was sold already. :*( But... it looks simple enough to make, and I think with the help of my jewelry making savvy friend, I can put together one of my own.

I'm also thinking of tying some knotted rope around the hat...

What do you think? I hope it looks as good on me as I think it looks in this picture. I'll take pictures and post to the blog to get the real verdict from you when I actually wear it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save Nautical on the Brain on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news