On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful


I haven't commented on the Gulf Coast since the tragedy happened, but today's the day. My heart has been breaking. 

I decided that I wanted to devote today's post to sending a big hug to my blog sisters that have been affected by the oil spill.


You may have noticed that button on my right sidebar that says 'sending love to the Gulf Coast.' It's linked to Bumpkin. However, it could also be linked to Summer. Or KB or Lacey, who live down in Louisiana. 

If you don't know, the little town of NoLa holds a special place in my heart, but since the oil spill I have wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around every little town in the Gulf and offer a kind word, a hug, a smile....

~~~~~~~~

In case you haven't heard, on Thursday of last week the oil stopped pumping into the Gulf for the first time in almost 90 days. According to the press, it's still up in the air as to whether the well will be reopened again but for now, our friends in the Gulf can breathe a small sigh of relief. You can read the full story from the Associated Press here.
 

I wish that I could pack up right now and go down there and help with the relief efforts. I would love nothing more than to do that. 

Just know that my heart is breaking, my eyes are full of tears as I write this, and today (and everyday until this is a memory) I am sending all my love......







  




....to the Gulf Coast.

~~~~~~~~

Please take a minute to browse these Etsy shops that are helping raise money for relief efforts from the sales of their products.








These are only a few of the shops, click here to browse many more. You can also join the facebook page 'Save the Gulf of Mexico' to get breaking news, photos and volunteer information- click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A beautiful quote from my Summer B....



To my loves in the Gulf Coast and who have been affected by the oil spill,

You are in my heart and on my mind right now, today, tomorrow and the long days ahead. You're strong, you will rise above this, and I will be here to support you along the way.

******

All my love is going to the Gulf today. Won't you join me?
 
Music Info:
Artist: Kenny Chesney
Song: On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful
Album: No Shoes No Shirt No Problems

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news