60's Style

I love everything about 1960's style and fashion! I love it ALL!!! Bouffants, Chignons, eyeliner, white gloves, pill box hats, classic Chanel suits... the list goes on and on! So I wanted to do a post dedicated to my favorite Style Decade!

Times were difficult then with the cold war and the Vietnam War... but they were certainly much simpler times. And it was a time when ladies looked like ladies and there was certainly an effort put into poofing hair, perfecting the cateye and looking your best at all times!

I'm constantly on the lookout for things to incorporate into my wardrobe to make my signature style a little more 60's. I just love that classic and timeless, yet dramatic look and its one of the looks that I actually pull off quite well. Here are some photos of the stylish 1960's!


Twiggy - A 1960's Icon!
Love this suit and hat!


Travel fashions - so chic and fun!

Stewardesses were stunning! It was part of their job to be beautiful and keep tabs on their looks and weight. It was not acceptable to let yourself go as you were the face of the airline. This was a time when people dressed up to fly - a time when travelling was more glamorous for sure.

When was the last time you saw a flight attendant in a pink and red dress with a fabulous pill box hat?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brigitte Bardot - How sexy is she in these fabulous polka dot pedal pushers? And she makes a braid so sexy!

Her hair and make-up was AMAZING! She is one of my inspirations for my wedding look! She makes wearing a towel look so glam!

Pearls and an LBD - and check out that chair!

The beautiful Mod Femme from Jean Luc Goddard's classic film, La Chinois. That hat is great and the bangs and eyeliner look are so chic!

Of course there's no one like Jackie - No one else could ever make helmut hair look so good!

Audrey Hepburn modelling 1960's Givenchy.
Givenchy also designed the classic long black gown she wears in Breakfast at Tiffany's!

Christian Dior coat

Mod gals

1960's Chanel
The white gloves ad such a ladylike touch to this LBD.

Isn't this beret to die for?!?!?!


Harper's Bazaar


And of course, VOGUE!







xoxo,
Pink Julep





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Save 60's Style on social network:

Subscribe To RSS

Sign up to receive latest news